Click a shape icon to select a drawing shape.
Click and drag anywhere on the image to begin your drawing.
This is an example of an ellipse shape.
Click on the shape to highlight it.
Change the shapes size by dragging one of the surrounding small white boxes.
Rotate the shape by dragging the small green box.
Delete a shape by clicking on the bin icon.
Remove last shape drawn by clicking on the left arrow icon
Remove all shapes drawn by clicking on the spiral arrow icon
Display the table by clicking on the table icon.
Display a guide by clicking on the info icon.
All drawn shapes are listed here.
Click a row to highlight a shape.
(Currently this is the only way to highlight a line)
Use the shape icons to filter the table by a shape.
There are several features to annotate for each galaxy:
- • Main galaxy (mandatory): the center of the galaxy (for LTGs it's where the spiral features are). Use Ellipse to draw it on the PanSTARRS-DR1 color image layer.
- • Halo (mandatory): the extended feature surrounding the galaxy. It doesn't include tidal features. Use Ellipse to draw it on the asinh_0_1 image layer.
- • Tidal tails:the tidal tails around the main galaxy, and the ones from the companion if the distinction between the tails is difficult. Use Region, Freehand or Snake to draw them on the asinh_0_1 image layer..
- • Streams : the streams around the main galaxy. Use Region, Freehand or Snake to draw them on the asinh_0_1 image layer.
- • Shells : the shells around the main galaxy. Use Line to draw them on the asinh_0_1 image layer.
- • Companion Galaxy : the companion of the main galaxy. Draw the halo (not the center) of the companion and use Region, Freehand or Snake to draw it on the asinh_0_1 image layer.
- • Cirrus : the galactic cirrus clouds in the image. They have filamentary structures and usually cover large parts of the image. Use Region or Freehand to draw it on the asinh_0_1 image layer.
- • High background : the part of the image where the value of the background is high, making tidal features identification difficult. Use Region, Freehand or Snake to draw it.
- • Ghosted halo : the ghost halo surrounding bright objects like stars. Use Circle to circle it.
- • Satellite trail : any satellite trail too close to the galaxy of interest. Use Rectangle to draw it.